Friday, June 19, 2009

West End Festival

Last Saturday we made our way back to Kelvingrove Park for the West End Festival, which I read somewhere draws over 200,000 people. It was pretty packed, but we saw many cute and happy children, a big parade, skateboarding hi jinks, and some pipe and drum music.

Crowd gathering for the parade... by the way there's no such thing as parade etiquette here.

Some happy and unhappy bananas and carrots.

Belly-dancers that got up on stage later on.

Kid enjoying the parade.

The last bit of the parade, on stilts.

Christian got some really great shots at the skate park.


Clan Wallace in the afternoon. The little girl was a great dancer.








5 comments:

  1. So many wicked shots :)
    It looks like you're having a great time - I particularly liked the pipe band video!

    I can't wait to see what you guys do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, I think this one is one of my favourite Clan Wallace shots:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hazure/3639054916/in/set-72157619841241359/

    Nice and spinng ;).

    We're headed to Cork next week so that's where the shots will be coming from then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom on Haida GwaiiJune 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM

    Woah you guys!
    Looks like you are having as fun as we in Haida Gwaii. Looking fwd to trading stories when we all get home;

    Love you two
    Mom

    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys,

    really enjoying your photos. Don't know if you realised but the parade is shelved this year, arguably due to a sheer lack of will from within the council, and can't continue without a large fundraising effort as things stand.

    I hope you don't mind but I used one of your pictures as the main image for the petition:

    http://www.change.org/petitions/glasgow-city-council-give-us-back-the-west-end-festival-parade

    Any objections, please let me know and I shall not tarry in removing it. There is a link to this blog on the petition page.

    rich
    (richie.merchant@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly you're welcome to use the photo. My husband and I have both signed your petition too.

      Best of luck!

      Delete