Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Desk

Just about time I wrote something eh? Well despite sarcastic quips on my part, and party pictures, I am indeed working here during the summer. I'm studying with the Strathclyde Planning Group on great and wonderful things that will never see the light of a blog post until after publication ;).

One thing I can show, however, is where I reside from 9-5. The computer science faculty / department is located in the Livingstone Tower on Strathclyde campus:


View Larger Map

The group I'm with is on the 11th floor, and the view is quite spectacular if you've got a window desk:





Most of the students (masters, PhD, post-doc) sit in a large room with windows on two of the walls:





The visiting students have a nice little room off to the side:


...but as most computer scientists would agree, the most important part of any office is the caffeine situation. They have a decent machine capable of a good cup, and an alright espresso (of course all beans are supplied by the department for free ;)):


Finally, the cup I was presented with upon arrival (actually it was just collecting dust on a shelf and I claimed it) suits me quite well:



The Penguin of Death
Things you Need to Know
1. He is strangely attractive because of his enigmatic smile.
2. He can kill you in any 1 of 412 different ways.
All in all its been great so far, and I only expect things to get better as the summer goes on. Hopefully I'll find more time to keep posting ;). Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking place to work! I would be jealous, but I also like my 'desk' when it's set up on my back deck, with Andrew's cider on tap ;)

    ReplyDelete