Thursday, May 7, 2009

Things not far from our flat


Christian started his first day of work at the university today.  I was out on my own for a little walk and took some pictures (I'll get to the job hunt soon I promise).  I visited the Tourist Information Centre and the Gallery of Modern Art, and am crunching on my first bit of buttery Scottish shortbread right this second.  I am also firmly of the belief now that galleries and museums everywhere should be free of charge.  It was lovely to stroll in off the street to see the art and browse around their art library... the art really does belong to the public after all.



Our first glimpse of the sun last evening through the window of our apartment.



Pedestrian walkway down Ingram st. somewhere. 



Some mossy statues high up on the pillars



Gallery of Modern Art at Royal Exchange Square.



I loved the windows in the stairwell at the 
Gallery of Modern Art.



These wonderful pedestrian alleys are everywhere.  



I don't imagine too many Scots are very happy about the American chain restaurant T.G.I. Friday's in the bottom of this old building.  There's also a KFC around the corner.



It was so nice to finally see the blue sky.



Scottish busker.  



3 comments:

  1. gorgeous!
    totally agree about art galleries - it was unreal in London being about to do that in the galleries around Trafalgar Square too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the pictures, Krisite. The old buildings are magnificent looking. Does the overall atmosphere match?
    How nice to see the sun. I've identified a few geocaches that seem easy easy to find very near you... and all about history....will send in a while.
    D.
    PS Meg and I sewed until late last night. She is loving her new machine. Created a chicken. I should post it on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete