Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Weekend in Stockholm

We visited Sweden on the weekend for a reunion of Christian's friends from his Stockholm exchange. All were quite nostalgic, but I was able to tag along and experience a bit of the old days while also creating new memories.  All in all, I had an amazing time, and I'd say that of all the places I dream about living in, Stockholm is very near the top... a really nice mixture of nature and culture, and I felt at home right away.  There are loads more pictures if you like, here.

We took an hour or so train from Glasgow to Ayr in order to get on our Ryanair flight from Prestwick International Airport.  We were too scared to take pictures, but the airport security at this tiny little hole-in-the-wall walk around with massive automatic weapons at the ready. 

Just outside Prestwick Airport in Ayr.

Ayr from the Air.

Our cell-block at the Langholmen Hotel.  All four prisoners slept here very comfortably.

Christian and I got the murphy beds. 

This is the gang at Stockholm University.

This is Lappis, where Christian lived. 

Picnic lunch at Lappis beach.  

It felt a little like Muskoka to me.  

This is quite a famous spot.  After 3am when the place closed we walked home in the sunshine.

This is just a picture on the wall, but the interiors look the same. 

They had the most expensive cover charge I've ever paid in my life and pricey drinks too, but it was well worth it... we had lots of fun. 

From a bridge on our walk from the hotel to T-Centralen.

We walked through this really nice park, but unfortunately didn't wake up early enough for a picnic with the others. 

Following Kate through that same park.

Making fun of the Swedish language.

Christian and I on a bridge.



1 comment:

  1. 'Christian and you on a bridge.' Hee hee...that's quite the caption! Awesome pics though :-)

    ReplyDelete